Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Profitable garrisons for Multiple non played level 90 alt characters

Hello
    I got 1 main and 9 level 90 characters that i want in the release of WoD get all of them garrisons quick.
    all of them are Inscriptioners.
    What would be the best garrison setup for them to get the daily max profit ?
    I know theres a potential, i wanna make the max out of it.
    Thanks!

I too am interested in this. I've just finished making 16 scribes (my server is merged with another granting me 22 char slots) and am eager to find out more about garrisons.
    We don't have much choice before we get to a high level (98 or so to unlock all the possible buildings). After you complete the garrison Q line on a lvl 90 char you get 1 small plot and 1 large plot. For the small plot we should go with Scribe's Quarters. At level 1 u can get 6 work orders out of it daily. 1 work order costs a few pieces of pigment, takes 4 hours to complete and awards war paints and the sorcerous elements we need for inscription. So having the Scribe's Quarters is like having an extra smaller daily cooldown for War Paints.

The Stables/Barn building will also be very useful as it provides Savage Blood, the crafting material needed to make the epic items for every profession. It requires a level 3 barn so i think it comes with a lvl 100 requirement as well. The daily quests offer a chance at getting the blood so it isn't a guaranteed thing, but it seems the best way to farm it. The alternative is buying the blood off vendors in the garrison with special materials you obtain randomly while mining/skinning/herbing. 1 blood costs 50 of these materials so it doesn't look like an effective way of farming it.

I'm going to go with Stables and the Scribes quarters on my alts, u can get that at lvl 90. Haven't researched much beyond that as i doubt i will be leveling those alts in the first few weeks of WoD as i'll be farming herbs like mad to provide the mats for all those scribes. It would be useful to level them to 92 asap though, coz that way you unlock the lunar excavation that gives you free ore 1X per day (lvl 96 is required for the herbalism equivalent). Later in the expack it could be useful to drop any secondary professions on alts and get herbalism and mining as the herb garden and lunar thingy generate more resources if you have the corresponding profession learned. That's about all i know
    Last edited by Godroad; 11-02-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Thats very intresting.
    Thanks!

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Mug'thol (US)
    Battle Tag
    waldoqq#1211
    Why do you have inscription on all your alts? Sorry for being ignorant. And I thought the stables was useless and just gives mount speed, how does it provide Savage blood? Thanks!

heya!
    ok so the stables will provide you with "dailies" from what i can tell. Not exactly sure how many per day you can complete, but more than 1 imo.
    These dailies will take the form of trapping wild animals on Draenor and whenever you trap an animal you have a chance at getting savage blood. It will sort of be the new living steel resource. BUT you need to have a lvl 3 stables for that, meaning that stables below lvl 100 are kinda useless appart from the mount speed. But get them on your gathering character asap! as soon as you get them you will be able to herb/mine from your mount without dismounting!

as for the inscription it is one of the few if only professions where you can "trade" mats for high level gear inbetween alts of the same profession. The major income from inscription will be from trinkets. Your inscription daily cooldown will provide you with war paints. That item is BoP but the card you make from it is not. You need to combine 8 cards to make 1 trinket. So in theory if you have 8 scribes you could make a trinket on day 1. But you need 8 specific cards out of 32 to complete a certain trinket (agility dps, strength dps, caster, tank i think they will be) so that would be very lucky. So where having one scribe would provide you with a theoretical trinket in 8 days, having multiples makes you produce the trinket faster. Before 700 inscription skill you will make around 5 paints per day and 1 card needs 10 but at 700 you make 10 paints so it's 1 card daily.....

I've decided to focus only on the proessions for which i will have mats easily in wod and since i'll be farming ore/herbs i've settled for a mix of inscription/engineering/alchemy/blacksmithing for my alts...

Does anyone know what the daily alchemy cooldown will be?? They removed alchemical catalyst and didn't replace it with anythign so it looks like alchemy has no daily cd :S
    Last edited by Godroad; 11-05-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Mug'thol (US)
    Battle Tag
    waldoqq#1211
    I thought the Barn was used for trapping animals for Savage blood? Anyways thanks for the tip! I will get inscription on all my alts now. What do you think I should pair inscription with for my alts? I am aiming at getting 4 alts to 90 before WOD hits, sorry if it looks like a little I just got back in and only had 1 90 2 weeks ago. I think the 4 should be Enchanting/JCing/Herbalism/Alchemy so I can craft anything in the market that is overpriced at any given moment, with inscription as the other for daily cooldown you suggested. What do you think? Thanks for all your knowledge!

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Onyxia (EU)
    What you describe Godroad are the perks of a level 3 barn. (Trapping animals for savage blood)

Stable perks are not that useful at all:
    Level 1: Enables the capture and training of special mounts on Draenor.
    Level 2: You may remain mounted while interacting with objects in outdoor Draenor zones.
    Level 3: Increases mount speed in Draenor by 20%

I personally stacked 4x JC for later in the expansion. Will be preproducing gems from day one. 3 chars with inscription, 2 with alchemy, 1 with mining, enchanting, herbalism, blacksmithing, skinning and leatherworking.
    I'm gonna built a barn on every char to get the level 3 recipe as fast as possible and stack up on savage blood. Every twink is gonna get the respective profession buildings and probably the inscription or another profession building. Medium plots are the barn and the trading post for maximum profit. Not really sure on main building as there is no real profit in this slot. Probably gonna use the armory to get the bonus roll and equip my twinks a bit faster. 2nd large plot building is really up to your preference. My twinks with a farming profession are gonna receive the stables for increased mount speed. The other chars probably barracks.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Genjuros (EU)
    Not played alts and level 3 garrisons dont go hand to hand. Focus on medium and large buildings that have good lvl1 and lvl2 bonuses because lvl3 requires you actually play the character.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Onyxia (EU)
    Why should you need to play the alts? You can just send them the materials for daily cds. That is nothing more then logging into every Garrison Twink for about 5 min a day. The achievements for level 3 building plans are account wide. So you highly benefit from every twink with the respective building.

Faction
    Alliance
    Server
    Neptulon (EU)
    Thanks for opening my eyes to creating more alts on a server that is merged with my own server.