Thread: glyph waller

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Al'Akir (EU)

glyph waller

After surviving a bot for a while someone startad walling glyphs at 20g on my server.
    Dropping some prices from +200g to 20g.
    Since inks cost around 4-4.5g each there is still a small profit but it just doesn't seem worth the time I put in it.
    Does anyone else have some experiece with this?
    Atm i'm still sitting on a minimum of 6 of every glyph and around 1k of each ink.
    Should I just keep competing with him or should i wait until he thinks his competition stopped and starts raising prices again?
    Release is in less then a week so expect to sell a lot of glyphs this week to people resubscribing so I'm not sure what to do.

EDIT:

For now I just changed my minimum price to just above his 20g so that I "ignore" the glyphs that he's pulling down in price.
    Luckely this isn't on all glyphs but still enough to drop my turnover/day to 15% of what it was a week ago.

Just wanted to add an example. This isn't a really extreme one but still a 17g drop per glyph
    Last edited by basspapa; 11-08-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Defias Brotherhood (EU)
    Battle Tag
    Cocolupia#1841
    Buy them out and repost. Mail him tell him to sell all his glyphs to you for 20g.

Quote Originally Posted by whataguy View Post
    Buy them out and repost. Mail him tell him to sell all his glyphs to you for 20g.
    Careful when buying out a waller, that is sometimes exactly what they want you to do.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Al'Akir (EU)
    Yeah I didn't want to risk it, I already have a huge stock and assume he has too. So if I buy them all he makes his small profit and I end up with a stock I can't sell for a few years. (I do think long term but not that long)
    Changing my min price just above his price did end up working. My profits in the last week of mop was almost nothing, but most glyphs are back up since release. I think he realised that release week is a bad moment for walling.