Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Draenor (EU)
    Battle Tag
    Arra#2992

Earn more from Glyphs?

Hi,

I have a question and a conondrum that I hope to get some input on...

Recently I started in the glyph market, mainly to see how it was and because my server is really high population, most other avenues are taken and very hard to compete in. Not that glyphs are not a hard market, with a population of 272K players, but still.. My initial trial run was ok, made a few thousand in a couple of days by listing 2 of each glyph, since then Ive moved to posting only 1 and corrected my profit to be a bit higher..

However.. I still sell for about 1,5K a day, but the main problem is that within 30 minutes of listing glyphs they are undercut and they very rarely sell after that. My question is how can I increase sales, if possible or should I be pleased with what I am making now? I think I have a few glyphs left to learn, but not many. The prices on my server range from 20g ish to 300g+ for a few select ones. I have my maximum price set at mat cost + ah fee + 150g (and I have yet to sell anything at my max price), I have my min price set up the same way, but with +10g instead.

Any advice to help out is much appriciated as I am a bit lost on what to do..

//Garra

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Ner'zhul (EU)
    Battle Tag
    Kristine#1933
    put all the people undercutting you on friends and only list when most if not all of them are offline for the night.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Stormreaver (US)
    As much as I like kheath812's solution, it doesn't work for all servers. For example, on US-Stormreaver, there are about 3 MAJOR players in the glyph market. Plus maybe 6 more "weekend warriors" and really, what I consider casual gold makers. This isn't meant to be offensive, just stating that they aren't going to be the ones undercutting you constantly.

Here is the posting graph of one of those major players: https://theunderminejournal.com/#sto...eller/botching

As you can see, the only times he seems to sleep is from midnight to 6am every day. Which are very much so NOT prime time for selling glyphs.

So you need another strategy. I typically like to have TSM_Crafting setup to always have 10 of my high sellers made at all times (which counts posted + inventory). High sellers are picked out manually based on weekly number of sales, and separated by class (for organization purposes, you don't have to do this). Typically, I just choose the top 2 or 3 glyphs for each class and put those in my high sellers groups, then the rest in the low sellers groups. Some classes (like Rogue) will only have two, and this will likely never change. However, Druids and Paladins have a lot of new glyphs, so the ones you keep in their top seller groups might shift week to week.

Now, why weekly rather than daily? Well, because it's the best total sample size. You might have great or awful sales on any particular day of the week, but you will likely find the "prime time" to buy up your herbs and the "prime time" to sell glyphs. For me, I bought herbs early in the morning server time and had highest sales on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Any other times were spotty, so I wasn't quite as concerned with always being the lowest price.

You'll end up with a LOT of glyphs. Get the big scribe bags. You'll need them. Essentially, you'll have 10x of the high sellers and 3x of the low sellers. You do an initial posting when you think the time is best (I did my first posting right after I bought herbs), and then, schedule permitting, additional post scans throughout the day, with heavier post scans during your server's prime time. If you have school or a job that prevents you from posting every hour, don't worry. You don't have to be at the bottom all the time. Just make sure that when there are a lot of players online, that your glyphs are the cheapest (but still profitable for you).

At the end of the day, do a cancel scan to get all your undercut glyphs back, then do a crafting queue to fill up whatever you sold. Repeat as often as you want.

I also strongly recommend you take a look at my Accurate Pricing String for Glyphs, since TSM goes off the ink price, not the herb price. This will often mean that you can sell glyphs for cheaper than you thought (or, more optimistically - you are making more profit than you thought).

Understand that this will mean you want an alt that you're ok with leaving them at the auction house and never moving them. It's easier to have them be high enough level to go to Ashran, since that is the most convenient Auction House in the game, since you can be mounted at the auctioneer, and the mailbox is close by. If that isn't possible, the Tauren area in Orgrimmar is also very convenient for the same reason (and can be accessed at level 1).

Feel free to ask any questions about this as you have. I know a lot about how I ran the glyph market on my server, and the only differences for you will be prices and sales times.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Twisting Nether (EU)
    Battle Tag
    Michael1985#1800
    Also, buy low even if that means you play the ah to make it low.

What I tend to do is when all the bots are posting herbs (well only assume they are bots but it tends to be mass amounts all at the same time) you can artificially lower the price you buy herbs for. I tend to put 1 of each herb on the AH for 50s and then just buy out all the herbs posted below that price. Normally herbs on my server go from 90s-1g. So it pretty much halves my crafting price.

I only "play" the ah for selling around 3 times a day, when my kid goes for his naps, but I still net around 7-10k a day in profits by doing this.

Faction
    Horde
    Server
    Stormreaver (US)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    Also, buy low even if that means you play the ah to make it low.

What I tend to do is when all the bots are posting herbs (well only assume they are bots but it tends to be mass amounts all at the same time) you can artificially lower the price you buy herbs for. I tend to put 1 of each herb on the AH for 50s and then just buy out all the herbs posted below that price. Normally herbs on my server go from 90s-1g. So it pretty much halves my crafting price.

I only "play" the ah for selling around 3 times a day, when my kid goes for his naps, but I still net around 7-10k a day in profits by doing this.
    Yup. This is an awesome strategy when you're playing on medium to high pop servers. You can do a similar thing if you suspect a bot is posting crafted goods, but I've found that to be rare compared to mat bots.